To be a dynamic Professional Society striving continuously for excellence in Education, Research and Technological service by facilitating an effective connection between professionals in the field of Fluid Power.
- To serve as a forum where all fluid power channel partners work together to advance fluid power technology, strengthen the fluid power industry, and foster members’ success;
- To create and sustain a Fluid Power community in which students acquire knowledge and skills to apply it professionally with due consideration for ethical, ecological, and economic issues;
- To support research and disseminate research findings in the field of Fluid Power;
- To provide knowledge-based technological services to satisfy the needs of the Fluid Power Industry;
- To help in building national capabilities by providing a link between diverse segments of the Fluid Power Industry;
To pursue global standards of excellence in all our endeavours and to remain accountable in our core and support functions, through processes of self-evaluation and continuous improvement.
In pursuit of its mission FPSI will
- Attract best and brightest young engineers to fluid power through awareness programs;
- Develop skilled Fluid Power human resources to serve the nation;
- Recognize Industry – Academia link as a unifying activity;
- Nurture integrity, creativity and entrepreneurship;
- Strengthen the engagement of student community in the activities of the Society;
- Encourage Industry consortium and network of Universities to support precompetitive research in Fluid Power
- Create a platform for driving and accessing the progress made in Fluid Power technology.
- Function as a centre of technical information for members;
- Publish technical Journals and Monographs on topics of specialization;
- Organize and conduct Continuing Education Programs, Seminars and Exhibitions;
- Create an effective connection between professionals in the field through Membership;
- Widen the operating base of FPSI through creation of Chapters;
- Build and connect members to an educated Fluid Power workforce;
- Promote Fluid Power technology and foster an innovative environment for the Fluid Power industry; and
- Serving as a forum where all Fluid Power channel partners work together.