In pursuance of clause No.40 of FPSI Constitution, the 38th Annual General Body Meeting of FLUID POWER SOCIETY OF INDIA (Regd.) for the year 2016 – 2017 was held as scheduled on 9th September 2017 in White House Hall, The Capitol Hotel, Raj Bhavan Road, Bengaluru – 560 001.
Notifications for convening this General Body Meeting were sent to all FPSI Industrial / Institutional / Individual Members vide 1st Notification Ref.: 9004/5B/15 Dated: 20.07.2017 and 2nd Notification Ref.: 9006/GB/15 Dated: 16.08.2017 giving due notice period, as stipulated in the Constitution.
40 Members attended the Annual General Body Meeting complying with the quorum necessary for holding the meeting and the attendance registration sheets were maintained.
Mr. Victor Edward D’Souza, General Secretary welcomed all the members and requested President Mr. B Seshnath to chair the session and conduct the proceedings of the Annual General Body Meeting and also requested Mr. Naresh Hanji, Mr Ravi Kumar S and Mr. Ramakantha Murthy to take a seat on the dais.
In his opening remarks, President Mr. B Seshnath welcomed all the members attending the 38th Annual General Body Meeting and briefed regarding various activities conducted at National Council Office and Chapter office in the year 2016 – 17, such as Fluid Power Technical Seminar, celebration of Fluid Power Professionals Day on 19th June Student Chapter Inauguration in top colleges, Meet-the-Manufacturer Programme, Industrial Visits, CEO Conclave and Jointly organizing Motion Drive Automation in Mumbai. He thanked all the Council Members for their support.
Mr. Victor Edward D’Souza, General Secretary, read out the Secretary’s Report covering the activities and Programmes conducted by the Society during the term 2016–2017.
Below is the General Secretary Report:
- The Society held 15 Council Meeting and 10 Sub-Committee Meetings
- FPSI representation at CON-Expo 2017 in Las Vegas and Hannover Messe 2017 in Germany
- Conducted 2 Meet-the-Manufacturer Program with Siemens Industry Software (I) Pvt. Ltd and Vats Filtration Technologies Pvt. Ltd at Bangalore
- Fluid Power Technical Seminar 2017 with theme on “Future Ready with IIoT – application in Fluid Power” on 19th June’17 and Fluid Power Professionals’ Day 2017 that honoured best short-term project to J.S.S Academy of Technical Education for their project titled “Design & Development of Tethered High Pressure Air Propelled Drone for Mist Application of Agriculture Enhancers”.
- Conducted Training Programs, Workshops, Industrial Visit, Guest Lectures at National Council Bangalore, Various Chapters in Pune and Chennai.
- Opened 2 student chapters at M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology and R.V College of Education.
- Successfully conducted CEO Conclave with theme on “Developing Business Opportunities” followed with Panel Discussion on “Getting ready for the boom in the Indian Economy”.
- Also the FPSI Membership grew in numbers, there are over 1000 Individual and 240 Industrial Members.
The President asked the members if there were any queries regarding the General Secretary’s report. The General Secretary’s Report was adopted without any specific comments from the members.
The report was proposed by Mr. K.N. Srinivas (Membership No. M 2471) and seconded by Mr. Sampath Kumar (Membership No. M 2168).
The President then requested Mr. Ravi Kumar S, Vice President to present the Audited Accounts Report for the year 2016- 2017. In the absence of Mr. P.R. Srinivas, Treasurer, Mr. Ravi Kumar S presented the Audited Financial Report which includes Balance sheet, income & Expenditure for the Financial Year 2016 – 17.
The report was unanimously adopted. Mr. (Mem No M-) and seconded by Mr. xxx (Mem No ). Check with Mr. Ravi kumar
Appointment of the Auditor:
The President brought to the notice of embers that Mr. Ravindra BV will continue to be FPSI Auditor for the term 2017-18.
Appointment of the Auditor was unanimously accepted by all the members present in the meeting
The gathering was opened for the discussion for members for their views and suggestions for the betterment of the Society.
- Prof Shanawaz Patil (membership no. Inst – 3732) and Prof. Harish of Reva University proposed to the Council to open FPSI Student Chapter and come on board of syllabus to restructure courses in B.E Mechanical Engg. Mr. Ramakanth Murthy, Chairman (Academic Industry academy replied in affirmation.
- Dr. Muralidhar Lakkanna (Membership no. LM – 2049) mentioned that the Grants are available from Dept. of Science and Technology, under Zero Zed scheme. FPSI could make use of these schemes for conducting Training Programs, workshops etc..
- 3. Mr. Vasuki (Mem. No. 1638 ) suggested that the online basic Hydraulic/ pneumatic / Electro -pneumatics information could be made available. It could impart the knowledge and also could be revenue earning may be considered.
Mr. Krishnan V, Joint Secretary delivered the Vote of Thanks.