In pursuance of clause No.40 of FPSI Constitution, the 37thAnnual General Body Meeting of FLUID POWER SOCIETY OF INDIA (Regd.) for the year 2015–2016 was held as scheduled on 10th September 2016 in Lavelle Hall, The Chancery Hotel, Lavelle Road Bangalore – 560 001.
Notifications for convening this General Body Meeting were sent to all FPSI Industrial / Institutional / Individual Members vide 1st Notification Ref.: 9004/GB/16 Dated: 20.07.2016 and 2nd Notification Ref.: 9006/GB/16 Dated: 15.08.2016 giving due notice period, as stipulated in the Constitution.
36 Members attended the Annual General Body Meeting complying with the quorum necessary for holding the meeting and the attendance registration sheets were maintained.
Mr. Ravi Kumar (General Secretary) welcomed all the members and requested Mr. Seshnath (President), Mr. Naresh H.V (Vice President) and Mr. Srinivasa P.R (Treasurer) to take their seats on the dais. He requested the President to chair the session and conduct the proceedings of 37th Annual General Body Meeting.
The President welcomed the gathering and committee members to the AGM and thanked all FPSI members for supporting numerous FPSI events held during 2015–16.
The President spoke the activities of the two Chapters of FPSI. The Chennai Chapter conducts workshops on regular basis by inviting students from various engineering colleges. This year it conducted a workshop on “Design and Development of Flood Relief and Rescue Autonomous Device”, in view of recent flood in December 2015. The Pune Chapter conducted various student training programmes and faculty development programmes, besides organising a couple of Industrial visits for students, this year. FPSI is in the process of opening a Delhi Chapter in the near future, through the help of various Members.
The President briefed the audience about the re-launch of the FPSI website, the numerous value-added features that have been built into it, such as online payment facility for making all forms of payments to FPSI, digitization of the Fluid Power Journal, uploading of latest news and articles, archiving of videographed technical presentations of FPSI Members and many more.
He stated that FPSI will actively work with colleges to help them make their syllabi more contemporary and appropriate for current needs of industry.
Further, he touched upon the overwhelming response from industry, for the CEO Conclave conducted in Dec 2015, to coincide with Excon 2015; as also the two Meet-the-Manufacturer programmes, that drew more than 100 delegates each.
The President spoke about promoting academia-industry interaction and FPSI’s efforts in this regard by opening three new Student Chapters in Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. He outlined the efforts being undertaken by FPSI to attract talent to the fluid power industry, by organising for industrial visits by students to Member companies, offering Apprenticeship programmes, sponsoring industrial projects for Under-graduate and Post-graduate students, etc.
The President mentioned that the Hannover Fair in Germany in April 2015, featured an exclusive FPSI PAVILION for the very first time. Further, FPSI is also in discussions with other exhibition companies, to enable FPSI Member companies exhibit their products/services globally and thus explore new markets and opportunities, in various parts of the world.
Mr. Ravi Kumar read out the Secretary’s Report covering the activities and programmes conducted by the Society during the period 2015–16, as detailed below:
- FPSI National Council held 25 meetings in the above-mentioned period. The attendance at these meetings was good and the Council Members actively participated in the deliberations during these meetings.
- As highlighted above, FPSI organized a CEO Conclave on 25th December 2015 at Vivanta by Taj, Bangalore under the theme “Business Outlook for Mobile Equipment”. The program was attended by several CEO’s from the fluid power Industry. Two eminent speakers shared their thoughts and ideas with the gathering.
- FPSI organized ‘Meet the Manufacturer’ program with two companies:
- Hyd-Air Engineerings Pvt Ltd on 29thFebruary’16 on the theme “Leak detection Technology for Hydraulic and Transmission system”. Senior executives from Spectronic Corporation USA (the brand owners) explained the method for detecting leaks in hydraulic systems, by means of use of a fluorescent dye.
- Siemens PLM Software (I) Pvt Ltd on 15th April’16 on the theme “Refining Productivity by Design”. FPSI members from Hydraulic, Construction Equipment and Material Handling participated and senior executive from Siemens Industry Software (I) Pvt Ltd delivered a speech on the Solid Edge software used for the purpose.
- FPSI Head Office, as well as the Chennai and Pune Chapters, organized several technical talks for the benefit of their Members. Following are few:
- A talk on ‘Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Hydraulic Systems’ on 4th March’16 at BMS College of Engineering Bangalore.
- “Education Outreach program” – one week programme for students by Pune Chapter, for training them at grassroot level on Fluid Power technologies.
- Faculty Development Program and Short Term Training Program conducted by Pune Chapter to enhance skills of faculty.
- FPSI Chennai Chapter conducted a workshop on “Design and Development of Flood Relief and Rescue Autonomous Devices” during April’16.
- Over 3 new Student Chapters were formed across India:
- Kamarajar College, Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu
- SSM Engineering College, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu
- A.K Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
- FPSI and its Chapters at Pune and Chennai celebrated 19th June as the birthday of Blaise Pascal, widely known as the father of modern fluid power industry.
- FPSI actively participates in the monthly Global Survey on market trends in Fluid Power industry, conducted by CETOP (European Fluid Power Committee). Nearly twenty countries from Europe and Asia participate in this survey and the consolidated feedback is circulated to the Members.
- To encourage more students to take up projects related to fluid power Industry, FPSI has instituted a cash prize of Rs.10,000/- alongwith the Blaise Pascal Trophy. Members (both institutional and individual) are requested to contribute to the corpus, so that sizeable prizes can be awarded to the students.
- The quarterly issues of the "Fluid Power" Journal were brought out well on time during this period. Articles published in these issues covered various topics of interest for the benefit and information of all our Members spread across the country. All members are requested to contribute technical articles.
- Membership strength also grew in numbers year-on-year and total membership as on date is 1452.
- Last but not least, FPSI website has been upgraded and including several features to the members such as online payment, member’s directory, soft copy of fluid power journal and other publications and also follow us on facebook, linkedin and twitter.
The President asked the Members if there were any queries regarding Gen. Secretary’s report. The Secretary’s Report was adopted without any specific comments from the Members. The report was proposed by Mr. Seethapathy Rao Membership No LM – 123 and seconded by Dr. BVA Rao Membership No LM - 1014.
The President then requested Mr. Srinivasa PR, Treasurer, to present the Audit Report for the year 2015 – 2016. Where the Treasurer read out the Balance sheet and Income / Expenses Statement for the financial year 2015 – 16 which showed excess of income over expenses. The report was adopted after being proposed by Mr. Yoganarasimha MS Membership No M – 003 and being seconded by Mr.Ramakanthmurthy Membership No M - 1193.
Reconstitution of the National Council
The National Council was reconstituted along the following lines for the term 2016 – 2018.
|Mr. Seshnath B||President|
|Mr. Victor Edward D'Souza||General Secretary|
|Mr. Naresh Hanji||Vice President|
|Mr. Ravi Kumar S||Vice President|
|Mr. Ramakantha Murthy||Vice President|
|Mr. Gururaj G.V||Vice President|
|Mr. Venkatesh Kamath||Jt. Secretary|
|Mr. Krishnan V||Jt. Secretary|
|Mr. Seethapathy Rao||Board of Advisor|
|Dr. Singaperumal M||Board of Advisor|
|Dr. Prasanna Kumar||Board of Advisor|
|Mr. Yoganarasimha M.S||Board of Advisor|
|Mr. Sandip Sodha||Board of Advisor|
|Mr. B.V Ramesh||Special Invitee|
|Mr. Suresh Kannan||Special Invitee|
|Mr. Hemanth Kumar||Special Invitee|
|Mr. Nitin Chalke||Special Invitee|
|Mr. Sub Gopal||Special Invitee|
|Mr. K.R.V Rangan||Member|
|Mr. Sarat Ram M||Member|
|Mr. Rahul Sodha||Member|
Appointment of Auditor
General Secretary brought to the notice of members that Mr. Ravindra BV will continue to be FPSI auditor for the term 2016–18.
Appointment of the auditor was unanimously accepted by all the members present in the meeting. Mr. M S Yoganarasimha Membership No M – 003 proposed the resolution for adoption and Mr. Rangan KRV Membership No LM – 3314 seconded it.
Joint Secretary Mr. Krishnan V delivered the Vote of Thanks.
The meeting ended followed with networking and dinner.